So, I wanted to share some of my new finds with you...because that's how I roll (ha ha ha).
1) Simple Sugars. My 11 year old daughter, Cami, and I watched an episode of Shark Tank featuring Simple Sugars. This company was started by a teenage girl and my daughter begged me to order something. We chose the Lilac body scrub and the Coffee facial scrub. It took awhile to get them... but they were so worth the wait. I absolutely love these scrubs!! The Lilac body scrub smells amazing, but not overpowering or fake... and it makes your skin feel so soft and smooth. It even has tiny pieces of real lilac petals in it!! I'm going to be using alot of this in the summer to keep my chlorine/dry skin moisturized and smooth. The Coffee facial scrub is equally as amazing and smells soooo good...and I don't even drink coffee...and because it's made with sugar it tasted good on my lips. I am big on using oils and OCM (Oil Cleansing Method) to cleanse my face, so I am used to the feeling of them on my face and skin. All of the Simple Sugars products have some type of an oil base...which makes them extremely slippery to use in the shower...so please be careful!! The company offers a whole plethora of fruit, nut and other scents to choose from. I am defintely going to be placing another order soon. You can purchase Simple Sugars products from their website ($11.95 body scrub; $16.95 facial scrub). http://simplesugars.myshopify.com/
3) Starry Eyes - Motives by Loren Ridinger. I have a bunch of liquid glitter eyeliners in my make-up arsenal...all colors and all different sizes of glitter. This brand is my favorite for several reasons. For starters, it has chunkier pieces of glitter which really catch the light and make your eye pop. It is long lasting...it will not come off until you take it off, no feathering, no fading, no fall out. You can apply a light thin layer for the tiniest bit of oomph or you can apply multiple layers for serious pizazz. At $15.00, it's very affordable and it lasts a long time. You can purchase this liner here: http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fsite...motives.marketamerica.com%2Fushopsmart....this&h=VAQGbYBAV
4) Qtica Cuticle Repair Balm. I am always on the hunt for the best cuticle oil and balm. My nails & cuticles take serious punishment b/c I change my polish almost every day and I have to soak off my glitter polish. That really dries out your cuticles...let me tell you. A friend recommended this balm, so I bought when Zoya had it's Earthday promotion. It comes in a tiny little pot which I wish was bigger for the price, but you only need a little bit. This works very well to hydrate and moisturize my cuticles. You can purchase this balm from the Zoya/Qtica website for $18.00.
5) OPI Avoplex Cuticle Oil. My good friend, Rebecca, from Rebecca Likes Nails, recommended that I try this oil because it's her favorite. If anyone knows about nails and nail products...it's Rebecca. I bought mine from Ebay and have been using it several times a day for about two weeks. It is awesome stuff. Rebecca even suggested that I put the oil on first and then the cuticle balm and leave it on overnight for extra conditioning. Wow..that was amazing...I highly recommend that you try this. Just be sure to wash your nails well before you apply polish.
|Elevation Polish Daisen |
Over Pure Ice First Love
6) HK Girl Top Coat. The packaging says it is a fast drying and super shiny top coat...and it is!! I can't believe it took me this long to try it. I am so glad I took the plunge. It's amazing!! I have found "the one" I've been searching for. You can purchase this product at Glisten & Glow for $6.95.
7) Ole Henriksen Truth Serum. I got this mini 4-piece kit as a 500 point perk from Sephora. I like the products in the kit, but I love the Truth Serum. It is light, non-greasy and soothing. I've been using it for about 8 weeks now and I am impressed! I am noticing a difference in the appearance and texture of my face. I plan on purchasing the full size when my trial size runs out. There are lots of options to purchase this amazing serum from mini to full size. If you sign up on Ole's website, you will be first to know when there are sales, discounts and free trial offers. http://www.olehenriksen.com/
10) Tigi S Factor Heat Defense Flat Iron Spray. As you all know, my hair is very thick, coarse, frizzy, fuzzy, wavy...a real joy to work with. After I blow it dry I look a bit like Don King. So, before I use my beloved Instyler, I section my hair and spritz each section with this heat protectant spray. It's an oil based spray, so if you have oily hair, this is definitely not the product you want to use. It has a fruity smell which I like. It helps to smooth my hair and otherwise tame it while adding shine also. You can purchase this product at Ulta and many online etailers for $30.00.
I hope you have enjoyed reading about my May favorites. If you try any of these products, please let me know and feel free to post a pic or two on my Facebook Page.